The Arc-Guardianship Program shall provide guardianship of the person or estate. Guardianship is viewed as a responsibility to make critical decisions for a person who has been judicially verified to be incapable of making his or her own decisions. The Guardianship Program will use creativity to go the extra mile to serve wards in our program.
The Guardianship Program will make sure each ward is protected from exploitation or abuse by others, visit each ward on a regular basis, apply and advocate for services for each ward, manage the ward’s assets, and file an annual report to the court.
A guardian is…
A guardian is not a…
The Residential Program is designed to meet the needs of adults with developmental disabilities with a focus on modeling and teaching independent living skills based on each persons need and skill level. The Arc of Dunn County’s aim is that each person becomes as independent as possible in their daily living skills so that they may be able to live in the community with dignity and pride in their independence.
Living arrangements may vary depending upon the needs of each person. We have a variety of settings from a warm adult family home setting where four people reside to apartments where two people may reside. We also have the ability to provide services for just a few hours a day or week assisting with grocery shopping, appointments, social activities and modeling of necessary daily living skills. Again, our aim is independence for the people we serve.
The Arc of Dunn County’s aim is that each person becomes as independent as possible in their daily living skills so that they may be able to live in the community with dignity and pride in their independence.
Residential Services Provided by The Arc
- Room – clean, pleasant, personalized
- Board – Nutritional menu planning – Menus prepared at least one week in advance.
- Transportation to appointments and activities
- Church of choice (if applicable)
- Behavior monitoring
- Training and assistance with daily living skills
- Assistance with managing personal spending funds
- Orientation to the community
- Leisure time activities
Residential Services Arranged with Other Facilities
- On-going medical care
- Dental service
- Eye care
- Work Center/Day Services
- Menomonie High School for high school education students
- Thursday Night Thrillseekers through the Menomonie Parks and Rec. Dept.
- Camps / Vacation organizations
- Counseling services
- Lutheran Social Services
The Arc of Dunn County coordinates work center and day services with the following area businesses and organizations.
- Indianhead Enterprises, Inc.
- Reach, Inc.
Respite Care Program
The Arc of Dunn County’s Respite Care Program provides temporary, quality overnight care for caregivers and families caring for adults with Developmental Disabilities. Full time care giving is a rewarding but often difficult and stressful job. Caregiver stress can not only affect the caregiver but also the individual receiving care. Allowing time for yourself is essential in the role of full-time care giving and will ultimately increase the quality of care you’re able to provide. We offer flexibility to meet each caregiver’s needs and can provide as little as one night or up to 28 days consecutively of respite care.
At The Arc of Dunn County’s Respite Care Program your loved one will receive:
- Quality care in a safe, supportive environment.
- Health Monitoring
- Top-Priority personal service from our dedicated, professional staff
- Dignified assistance and support with feeding, bathing, dressing or other personal care needs
- Wholesome, nutritionally balanced meals and snacks
- Medication management/assistance
Our program provides a wide array of activities for our participating clients tailored to their specific needs. Activities include:
- Trips to local attractions including parks, petting zoos, nature trails, and community events.
- Arts and Crafts
- Interactive games and activities
- Eating out at favorite Restaurants
The Arc of Dunn County’s Respite Care Program is also a great place to work on independent living skill building. Our program can work on specific and general skills necessary for living independently or with minimal supports in the community. Independent living skills will be tailored specifically to the individual’s needs.
Independent living skill building activities include, but not limited to are:
- Self Advocacy
- Job/Volunteer seeking and filling out applications
- Assist with apartment searching and filling out applications
- Money Management
- Checkbook management
- Bill paying
- Responsible spending
- Learning to tip when eating out at restaurants
The Arc’s Respite Care Center Is Your Partner in Providing Quality Care
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing your family member receives increased personal safety with supervision in a protective environment.
- See social skills grow through structured activities that promote a sense of belonging.
- Learn how every day skills and independence is enhanced and gained through personal activities and goals designed specifically around your loved one.
- Respite and relax to help maintain your own health and strength, which your loved one depends on.
- Meet our dedicated and professional staff who make personal care a top priority.
- Revitalize yourself, so that your loved one continues to benefit from the care that only you can provide.
- Feel caught-up again, less frustrated. You can take care of other business, household chores, or complete errands on your “to do list.”
- Enjoy the convenient location and ease of scheduling for services to meet your needs.
- Visit at your convenience to see our facility and our program in action.